2011-01-31

Slowly winging my way back

cs0806010037_carmarquebird-4

2011 has certainly started out with a swift kick to the behind. I've been down and out this past week with the worst stomach flu I've ever had. In the spirit of fair warning, the following may enter TMI territory: I spent the better part of 3 days laying on the bathroom floor (and I mean literally better; the laying down times were when I wasn't actively dying), and a full week of sleeping for minutes a day and barely eating enough to keep myself conscious. But! I'm back. Yesterday I had my first full meal (which at this point equals a few tablespoons in volume), and last night I slept in my bed for the full night and woke up *not* once! I feel jubilant this morning.

(The above image was taken during a visit to the Camargue in France -- a magical place -- back in 2008.)

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm so sorry you were ill but happy you are better. Isn't it amazing how beautiful the world looks when you start feeling good again? I used to suffer from awful migraines and when they would go, I would definitely be jubilant!

    Beautiful image, Candis – have a wonderful new week! xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Georgianna, thank you. It feels so good to be back to normal. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well Candis!!! Missed seeing you haunting the blogs :-( Jen was sick with the stomach flu last week but obviously no where near the level that you suffered. She started moving again on Saturday and by last night seemed much improved. That's a lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo -- elegant simplicity as its finest.

    (And yay for feeling better.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're feeling better love!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no. So very sorry to hear this. Hate when someone I like is sick. But glad to hear you're on the mend ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds terrible. There is nothing worse than nausea, in my opinion. That was the most convincing reason why I never got pregnant. *smile* Glad to hear you're on the upswing.

    Love the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been sick like that in a long time but I know it wrings every bit of energy out of you. Hope you are eating well tonight and getting some strength back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, thanks for all the well-wishes everyone! It was a rotten week, one I'm glad is over. Hope you all manage to stay bug-free because it's a bad one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omigosh, that sounds HORRIBLE! I'm so glad you are feeling better. This winter has been awful so far... looking forward to spring more than you can know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Late to the requiem but I'm glad you're back to passively dying! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Mary, me too!

    And lol Manny ... :*

    ReplyDelete